2013年6月5日水曜日

Biological monitoring at California (June 5, 2013)

Biological monitoring at San Diego Zoo SAFARI PARK

I visited San Diego Zoo SAFARI PARK, California, USA for Biological monitoring. Though I have visited various places in Japan to see the health consequence of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident, I can find no effect against creatures in Japan. However, there is a concern that radioactive materials will be brought to overseas by the wind. So I have wanted to see the effects against overseas too.
San Diego is in front of Pacific Ocean as same as Japan. I have wondered if animals in San Diego have some effects by Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident.
San Diego Zoo SAFARI PARK is just 30 miles north of San Diego Zoo. At the safari park we can see rhinos, zebras, and giraffes and so on, as if we are in the middle of Africa. There are more than 3,500 rare and exotic animals roaming several expansive habitats as large as 100 acres.
So I visited the safari park to see effects of the accident against animals living there. As far as I have observed, they were fine and I couldn’t find any impact of the accident. People in San Diego have no worry about the accident, because it is far away from the site and radioactive materials couldn’t reach there.

Posted by Yoshitaka Kiriake from Japan on June 5, 2013.



カリフォルニア州のサンディエゴ動物園サファリパークでは広大な敷地に数多くの動物たちが放し飼いにされており、バスに乗って彼らの様子を観察できる。ここでは毎年たくさんの動物たちが誕生していた。




It is my first time to see rhino's baby.


San Diego Zoo SAFARI PARK
http://www.sdzsafaripark.org/

 
 
 
Balloon Safari
Get a bird'e-eye view of the Park and surrounding countryside.
It is 120 meters high.
 
Fine view from the balloon.
 
I could see a baby elephant from the balloon.
 
Animal families
 
 
There are many animals in the park. Animal's babies are born every day so no one knows how many they are.
 
 
 USS MIDWAY MUSEUM
 
 I ate US beef.
T-bone steak was good.
 2 years have passed since Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident. I have visited various places of Japan. Fortunately I have never found any impacts by the accident among Japanese creatures. As far as I know, nobody has health problem which is caused by the accident in Japan.
So people in San Diego have already forgotten the nuclear power plant accident too. Because San Diego is very far away from the site and radioactive materials cannot reach there. We know there is no problem for child birth and child rearing in San Diego. So people in San Diego are living without any concern about the accident. I continue to visit various places in the world to see the effects of the accident, because I can meet various creatures which are more sensitive to radioactive materials from the environment. It is important to see their health for our safety.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Public Health Network in Japan


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿